Tips to keep a healthy diet during pregnancy – Pregnant is a period in a woman who is carrying the embryo in her womb. pregnant period lasted for 9 months 10 days. Pregnancy is indeed the eagerly awaited by each pair of married couples, it is indeed very be the complement in a family. In women who are pregnant need a complete nutritional and nourishing. Even though you are pregnant but that does not mean you can consume as much food. In this case thus pregnant women should pay attention to any intake of food eaten.
On pregnant women should consume 300 calories more, then try to always keep a food pattern. Because a balanced nutritional intake and good, can provide benefits that are good for the growth of the fetus. Want to know how and what your intake of nutrients is good and important for pregnant women? Check out the useful 14 tips that are useful in supporting the diet in the period of pregnancy!
14 Tips to keep a healthy diet during pregnancy
- Pregnant women must be good at choosing the intake of foods containing high fiber such as that derived from wheat, cereals, oats, pasta, brown rice, fruits and vegetables
- Make sure that pregnant women receive vitamin and mineral intake in the daily menu
- Make sure that pregnant women consume four servings of dairy products, processed products or foods rich in calcium to meet the daily needs of about 1000 to 1300 mg of calcium
- Make sure that pregnant women consume 3 servings of foods rich in iron such as that derived from lean meat, spinach, nuts and cereals to meet the 27 mg of iron each day.
- Pregnant women also need 250 micrograms of iodine a day that serves to help ensure the brain and nervous system of developing babies. Pregnant women can obtain these nutrients sourced from cheese, yogurt, salmon, baked potato and shrimp.
- Pregnant women also need vitamin C intake of 70 mg of the order to each day which can be obtained from food sources such as broccoli, oranges, cantaloupe, cauliflower, green peppers, tomatoes, papaya, strawberry, cabbage and mustard.
- Consumption of 0.4 mg of folic acid every day to prevents neural tube defects in babies. These food sources can be obtained from dark green vegetables such as black beans, beans, and peas.
- Pregnant women also need daily intake of vitamin A, which can be obtained from food sources such as turnip greens, apricots, cantaloupe, carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkin and spinach water.
- Pregnant women should avoid alcohol consumption.
- Limit or avoid caffeine consumption.
- We recommend that pregnant women should avoid artificial sweeteners because it can be attached to the fetal tissue.
- Limit cholesterol intake will be less than 300 mg.
- Avoid eating white snapper, swordfish and shark, because that fish contain mercury levels are very high.
- Should avoid to consume raw fish prior to the shells of oysters.
Such simple information about the 14 tips diet during pregnancy, hopefully this article can be useful for all readers.